About Us

Bishop Westcott Girls’ School was founded by Rt. Revd. (Dr.) Foss Westcott in 1921. Formerly an Anglican School, it now belongs to Chotanagpur Diocese (Church of North India). It provides education through the medium of English for over 2000 children, of all communities as boarders and dayscholars.
The Chairman of the Governing Body is the Bishop of Chotanagpur Diocese, Church of North India. The school belongs to the conference of Anglo-Indian Schools and was recognized by the then Govt. of Bihar. It is subject to inspection by the inspector of Anglo-Indian Schools in Jharkhand.